Online Backup Services
What is Online Backup?
Online backup solutions provide protection for your computer files so you can get those files back in the event of a data disaster – saving you time, money and stress. Unlike other antiquated methods of data backup – such as external drives & CDs – there’s no hardware to buy, no cables to connect, no training or maintenance required.
Carbonite® Safe Backup
Automatic cloud backup for your files, music, photos and more
From floods and fires to computer crashes and spilled lattes, one thing is certain: Data loss is stressful. That’s why Carbonite SafeTM Backup makes data protection simple— just set it and forget it. While you continue to work as you normally would, we work in the background to automatically and continuously back up your new and changed files to the cloud.
Unlimited cloud storage
Compare and find the plan that fits you best. Protect a lifetime of photos, music and irreplaceable files for one low price.
Free premium support
If you ever get stuck, our award-winning customer support team is available daily via phone, chat or email.
Anytime, anywhere access
Carbonite mobile apps allow you to view, share and download your files from your mobile devices, wherever and whenever you need them.
Simple, automatic, continuous
Set it and forget it. Your files are automatically, continuously backed up. No remembering, no scheduling.
Cloud backup protects against lost or damaged laptops, hardware failures and even coffee spilled on keyboards. Restore all of your files or just a few with our easy-to-use restore wizard.
Safe and secure
Before your files are transmitted, they are encrypted using 128-bit Blowfish encryption. They are then sent to our professionally managed data centers withTransport Layer Security (TLS) for added protection.
Advanced backup and recovery for small offices
Backup is essential for protecting business data from numerous threats, including hardware failures, outages and viruses. Carbonite SafeTM Backup plans offer small businesses powerful cloud and hybrid backup that’s affordable and easy to use, with the flexibility to accommodate both simple and complex computer/server environments.
Protect all the computers, external hard drives and physical or virtual servers across an entire business for one low price with no added capital expense (CAPEX).
Backup is an essential part of an effective anti-virus strategy. Revert to previously saved files after a ransomware attack without ever paying a ransom.
Security and compliance
128-bit encryption, private key option, transport layer security (TLS)— supports FERPA, GLBA and HIPAA compliance, including business associate agreement (BAA).
Get help installing, setting up or troubleshooting—via phone, online chat or email—from our dedicated business support team.
Advanced features like image backup, bare metal restore (BMR) and granular file or full system recovery options slash hours of time and complexity.
Free business trial
Try our full-featured business bundle for unlimited computers, external hard drives and physical or virtual servers.
Carbonite Safe Backup plans for small businesses
Computer backup features and benefits include:
- Automatically back up unlimited computers, external hard drives and network attached storage devices.
- Access and share files remotely via web-based login or our free mobile app.
- Install software in minutes on one machine or many with remote deployment and management.
- Create custom policies and deploy remotely to individual machines, teams or departments.
- Manage and monitor backups remotely.
- Recover a single file or an entire folder system with one click.
Server backup features and benefits include:
- Protect physical and virtual servers, including applications, databases and systems settings, with onsite and offsite hybrid backup.
- Choose local or cloud targets with separate retention policies for each.
- Protect an entire server in a single pass with image backup and bare
metal restore (BMR).
- Recover files and folders or a complete system in minutes, even to dissimilar hardware.
- Protect and recover Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Configure full, incremental or differential backups from a user-friendly,
- Schedule backups around workflow and optimize bandwidth utilization to avoid bottlenecks.
Databases and live applications supported
- Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, 2005 and 2000
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2003
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013, 2010, MOSS 2007, WSS 3.0
- MySQL Server 5x
- Oracle Server 11i and 11g
- Hyper-V: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows System State (including Registry and Active Directory)
- Windows NTFS and ReFS files and folders
Image backup and BMR for 64-bit hardware only.
Supported operating systems
- Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Intel-based Macs with OS X 10.7 or newer